Search

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Immortal Reading Challenge


For some time I was debating whether or not I was going to join this challenge, as you can see I've decided to join it. This is the Immortal Reading Challenge. Seeing as I have a number of books that could fit into either of the four categories in this challenge, I decided to give it a go.




Vampires, angels, demons, werewolves and fae. If you can’t pick a favourite, then that’s okay!

Here’s the rundown:
1. The Immortals Reading Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012 You can join at anytime from now and throughout the year. This is a 2012 challenge, so books read before January 1 will not count to your progress.

2. You pick your goal! Read as many books as you’d like for each species. This means that you can do just one category or all five or a combination of. The choice depends on you and your reading pace.
*We have chosen to have a three book per species standard. However, if this is a breeze for you, then feel free to tackle on the additional bonus entries of two more books of the same level.

3. Re-reads are acceptable.

4. Books chosen can be of any genre.

5. To participate, copy and paste this post on your blog along with the challenge button. We ask that you provide a link back to the sign-up page in case others wish to participate.

6. Readers without blogs can still participate! Keep track of your progress with Goodreads, Shelfari or LibraryThing.




Sign up


Category 1: Vampires
Read any THREE books with vampires as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with vampires.

Category 2: Angels and Demons
Read any THREE books with angels and/or demons as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with angels and/or demons.

Category 3: Fae
Read any THREE books with Fae as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on Fae.

Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves
Read any THREE books with shifters or werewolves as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on shifters or werewolves.


My goal is to do at least two of the Categories, though which ones I'm not really sure. Possibilities:
  • Sisters of the Moon series by Yasmine Galenorn, fits into three of the four categories (Vampires, Fae, and Shifters/Werewolves). Many of the books in this series are on my TBR/wishlist.
  • Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews fits into at least two categories (Vampires and Shifters/Werewolves).
  • Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, I own the first three books, but can't bring myself to read them. I start the first one and read a few pages, but then I find something better to read. They fit into two categories (Vampires and Shifters/Werewolves). 
  • Faerie Path series by Frewin Jones. The first three books are on my TBR list, if I like them I have the rest and graphic novels on my wishlist. (Fae)
  • Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, I'm not sure how many of the books in these series will fall under Fae, but they are all on my wishlist so it doesn't really matter.
  • Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black. Also on my wishlist. (Fae)
  • Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog, on my wishlist. (Fae)
  • Violet Wings by Victoria Hanely, on my wishlist as well. (Fae)
  • Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. The two books are on my TBR list. As I said before for the Faerie Path series, if I like them, they're already on my wishlist just in case.
  • Darkness Chosen series by Christina Dodd. I have three of these books (not in the right order, I'll be buying the on I'm missing just so that they are in order). (Shifters/Werewolves)
  • The Kiesha'ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. This is a series I love (for the most part) and am hoping to get the chance to reread them next year. (Shifters/Werewolves)
Vampires

0 / 3 (0.00%)


Angels and Demons

0 / 3 (0.00%)


Fae

0 / 3 (0.00%)


Shifters/Werewolves

0 / 3 (0.00%)

No comments:

Post a Comment