Search

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

Taking a break from Historical Romance...

Dealing with Dragons begins with Princess Cimorene not quite fitting at being a princess. After realizing that she can be soon married off, she runs away and comes upon dragons. Cimorene then takes the opportunity to become the dragon Kazul's Princess. Soon after becoming Kazul's Princess, the dragons discover that wizards seem to be up to something. With the help of Cimorene, the witch Morwen, the princess Alianora and a stone prince (whose name I can't remember), the dragons are able to discover what the wizards are up to.

For some reason, I'm yet to really pin point what it is about this book in the Enchanted Forest Chronicles that make it my least favorite. The characters for the most part are enjoyable. Even though I think girls who don't fit in and don't look like the princesses they are (tall etc) over done, Cimorene has to be one of my favorite characters in children/young adult fantasy. Though of course there is one character I hold above Cimorene, which happens to be Morwen, a close friend of hers. As for the plot, it's a small enough novel where I don't feel like it really drags any. It held my attention for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it this time around then the first time I read it.

I've given it a 4 out of 5.



This is a book from my own personal library.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this series before and I don't think I have every read a book like this before though I tend to stay away from books with dragons so that could be it. This sounds like it would be a nice quick read though. Thanks for linking your review in my challenge!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete