Search

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

Oh my, oh my, oh my, I don't even know what to say about this book, just wow. I've had this book since '08. '08 what was I thinking and why hadn't a picked this book up before? I don't think there is anything I can say that would give this book justice. But I guess I could try.

Kelsier, is the survivor of the pits of Hathsin (were most skaa, including his wife Mare, don't live much longer after entering). However, the death of his wife caused him to Snap, allowing to use his abilities as a Mistborn. Mistings have the ability to "burn" a metal and use the power it gives them. Mistborn are able to burn all eight-plus metals. Kelsier is given the job by Yeden a skaa rebellion leader to help overthrow The Final Empire and it's leader, Lord Ruler. Joining Kelsier's crew is; Dockson, who's organizing skills, helps Kelsier's dreams become realities; Ham a Thug, who has the ability to burn Pewter; Breeze, a Soother who has the ability to burn Zinc; Clubs, a Smoker, with the ability to burn Copper; Marsh, Kelsier's older brother, and a Seeker with the ability to burn Bronze; And lastly Vin, who is Mistborn as well, and who would act as a spy among the nobility. The fight for freedom isn't pretty and there are a number of casualties.

There is so much more, but I don't know how to say it without going too much into it. Again, just wow. I really hate myself right now for not having read it sooner. I loved the characters (Breeze is my absolute favorite character), there was always so much going on, but it went at a decent pace. I laughed and even cried (even when I had known it was going to happen ahead of time). When I was reading it I didn't want to put it down. One of the things I really liked was at the beginning of the chapter, we were given a look at the one who was to be a Hero's past, and his journey to "defeat the Deepness." And there is always another secret. Now I am off to start the second one.



This is a book from my own personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment