Search

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Operation: TBR Reduction

Operation TBR Reduction Button

I sometimes expect to come home and find an "intervention banner" hanging in the living room.... Well, I know it'll probably be there for two reasons, but the reason I'm talking about now is because of my giant TBR pile. I can't help it, I like buying books. Seriously it's still ridiculous, I'm ashamed of how many are on my TBR pile. On GoodReads it says 337 but that's not including some of the more recent books (or even some of the older ones) I have.

Crying about this problem, however, isn't going to do anything to fix it. I already tried that. Yesterday come upon Once Upon a Chapter, who had just come up with the Operation: TBR Reduction. I think it's a great idea and really one I should take part in.

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! I keep adding books to my TBR list faster than I can read! Wishing you lots of luck. I am hoping to get through a few more this weekend. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill if someone set up an intervention for my book buying habit. Kill!

    I'm so glad you decided to join the challenge! There is strength in numbers and we'll have people to talk to about it. :D Can't wait to see how we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with operation reduction! I just attended the Romantic Times conference and came home with even MORE books to read. Tsk, tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I have the same "intervention" fear as you!

    ReplyDelete