Search

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Favorite characters. There's actually a problem with this... I'm not sure I have just ten. So in no real order, or even really top, here are the first ten favorite characters I can think of:

  • Breeze from the Mistborn series. I just started making my way through the third book (so I hope he's okay), but he's definitely one of my favorite character in the whole series. I love his smart-aleck comments. And I find his relationship with Allrianne amusing. 
  • Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle. He might have cried and complained about how Howl treats him like a slave, but even when he had his chance to leave, he stuck around.
  • Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. I think that Sophie is probably the best person to describe him (from Castle in the Air): "[...] he's sly and selfish and vain as a peacock and cowardly, and you can't pin him down for anything." [...] "What do you mean vices? I was just describing Howl."
  • And of course Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle. I'm not sure what I can say about her, she's just awesome.
  • Carmela Rodriguez from the Young Wizards series. I can't remember which of the books she was introduced in, but she's been a favorite from that moment (if I'm not mistaken she was watching Pokemon the first time). Mela is just an average teenage girl with a good hold on languages. She proves that she doesn't have to be a Wizard to kick major butt, though I'm still waiting for her to become one....
  • Kit Rodriguez from the Young Wizard series. For the most part I love both Kit and Nita. However, I have to admit I like Kit a little more. When they argue I usually feel like it's Nita's fault and she just needs to shut up and agree with him. Which is why I like Kit slightly more. He's smart, a little moody, and can't stand Carmela, but that's okay, siblings are like that. I can't wait for the next book to find out how his relationship with Nita is going, and how he reacts to the things that are going to happen to his sister (I really hope she becomes a wizard *fingers crossed*).
  • Yelena from Poison Study (yup just the first one, for some reason I liked her slightly less in the other two books). She's been through so much but she still manages to be a strong character. 
  • Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. Okay, I'll admit it, Sirius was a jerk. It's out there now, happy? However, that doesn't mean that he isn't my favorite character. And I still cry like a baby every time I read the fifth book.
  • Sonea from the Kyralia series. I don't know why but I've always like Sonea. She's loyal and won't stand any injustice. I still have mixed feelings about her and Akkarin.
  • Regin from the Kyralia series. I didn't like him for the first two books. The third one I was indifferent. But I really began to like him in The Ambassador's Mission and was sad to see him go in The Rogue. I'm hoping he'll be back for the next book.
  • Dannyl from the Kyralia series. (Wait what? I've already done ten? Yeah, well, eleven is a better number anyway!) I've just really liked him and all I know is I really hope that he better fix things with Tayend in The Traitor Queen because then I'll be really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment