Search

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson

The Well of Ascension takes place about a year after Mistborn: The Final Empire. Elend Venture is now king with Kelsier's Crew as his advisors. Building up a government proves to be much more difficult than destroying what the Lord Ruler had done. It doesn't help that there are three other kings waiting with their armies to take over the Central Dominance. One of those kings being Elend's father. In The Well of Ascension, there will be some dethroning, failed assassin attempts (thanks to Vin), characters who get pretty close to death and some actual casualties, a wedding (sort of), a ton of lies and deceit, and an honest man will learn a number of things.

I couldn't put this book down, I didn't want to. Though it felt much longer than the first. I'd read for hours and feel like there was so much that happened, then I would see how many pages I read and it felt like I didn't read many. There were a a couple of things I was a little disappointed with, one of them being the ending... I don't know, the battle with the other armies was great, but once it got past that... I felt like there wasn't really much to look forward to. Another was Dockson, who I liked for the most part in the first book, however, maybe it was his hate of a noblemen being king, but I really didn't like the way his character turned out in this one. For the most part I liked the new characters that were introduced, of them, my favorite had to be Allrianne.

On GoodReads, I rounded up to a five. But I would give it a 4.5.

 


This is a book from my own personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment