Search

Loading...

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bout of Books Mini Challenge and Update (Day 2)

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

It's day 2 of the Bout of Books read-a-thon and I slept in what is that? Still I am in a very good mood. Okay so on to updates...

Yesterday I read a little more than 2 hours (I feel like it took me forever to get there, I kept getting distracted). However, I am now almost done with A Wizard Abroad, which I hope to finish today!

Now today's challenges comes from Nyx Book Reviews. There are two parts to this challenge and I've decided I'll answer both.

Part one: Share your most shocking, embarrassing or funny book related story.
Okay, well I'm not sure I have a single story, I'd probably think of one tomorrow and then kick myself. However, there is something I've done on a number of occasions. You see... I read while I'm walking. If I'm walking to work, I'll pull out my book, if I'm heading out the house I'll read while I'm walking down the stairs, etc. Usually I can manage alright. However, I have a slight problem, now I don't believe this in the slightest, I'm told that I am clumsier than most people, which is probably because I'm slightly pigeon-toed. Still, I'm sure if anyone else was walking and reading at the same time there would be times when they walk into people, fall down stairs (well almost I'm really good at catching myself), walking into walls/doors, have terrible eye and coordination even when they're not reading and so hit your hand very hard against the door when trying to reach for the doorknob. You get my drift right?

Oh! And those times... well I wouldn't say they were shocking or really embarrassing (not for me anyway) or funny... it's book related though. When I get out of work and have to wait for my ride (or in some general public place waiting for someone or something), I'll bring out my book to read. And some idiot (an idiot co-worker or someone I don't like because it's always people I don't like), try to start a conversation with me. When I finally look up at them annoyed because I would have tried to ignore them for a few minutes and sometimes that doesn't work. I often get the same response "Oh sorry, now I feel like an a**h***." Well buddy guess what? You are. I know you saw me reading, so why did you come over here? To talk? You asked me what I was reading, and when I lifted the book up for you to see the title you didn't even bother to read it. I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish by coming to talk to me, but you failed, and guess what? I don't like you any more than I did before.

Well... that took me longer than expected on to Part two...

Part Two: Answer all of these "this or that" questions. 
Physical book or eBook? Physical
Paperback or Hardcover? I like the look of hardcover, but paperbacks are easier on my hands... I'll go with paperback.
Reality or Make-believe? Make-believe, always
Adult or Young-Adult? Both?
Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks! I'll never dog ear the page I'm on!
Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? Barely opening the book
Tea or Coffee? Coffee
Reading in bed or On the couch? Bed
Series or Standalone? Series
Original or TV Adaptation? Original
Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks? Defy motion sickness
Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again? It depends I guess...
Interview or Guest post? Interview

1 comment:

  1. Great progress so far and love your challenge answers. This was a fun one ;)

    ReplyDelete