Search

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

The Hero of Ages takes place a year after the events of The Well of Ascension. Vin and the rest of Kelsier's crew have done some impossible things; killing the Lord Ruler in Mistborn: The Final Empire; getting back the city of Luthadel and making Elend Emperor in The Well of Ascension. However, things have yet to get better. In Fadrex City, Elend and Vin work, to get the city under their rule. On top of which, Vin is working to find a way to defeat Ruin, which she herself released from the Well. In Urteau Breeze and Sazed, with Spook taking leadership, plan to overthrow it's ruler the Citizen, who uses does everything in Kelsier's name. Meanwhile TenSoon escapes punishment from his fellow kandra and goes to look for Vin, while Marsh, now in Ruin's control, does things he never would have done otherwise.

Honestly I was a little disappointed with The Hero of Ages. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. I think I should have given myself some time between The Well of Ascension and this one, maybe my expectations were too high? I couldn't get into this one like I did the other two. There's so many point of views, I usually don't have a problem keeping track of things like this, but it did slow me down. There were also a few things I didn't understand about Ruin's imprisonment. However, at some point, I began to not completely read what I was looking at, so that could be why. Still of course it was well written, I still love the characters. Though for some reason I didn't like the character Beldre. However, I think the thing that saved the book for me (and, which is why I would rate this book a 4/5 instead of a 3), was the ending which I found completely perfect. I cried, but at the same time I'm kind of happy about it all.



This is a book from my own personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment