Search

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (3)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

Well this week is sort of a freebie. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, however, I noticed that some people decided to go back and do Top Tens that they didn't do. I was going to do that, I had picked Top Ten Books I Would Give a Theme Song To. However, I have a problem, I don't give books a theme song I usually give them a whole soundtrack. Usually it happens when a new album comes out and I have it on replay while I'm reading so it all somehow clicks even when it shouldn't. So now whenever I listen to those songs I always think of the books I was reading at the time. So here goes (in no real order and less than ten):

When I read Damia by Anne McCaffrey for the first time it was around the time time Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway album came out. So whenever I hear anything from that album, I tend to think of Damia.

I'm not sure how this one came about. However... my parents kind of grew up in the 80s so I grew up listening to Lionel Richie, Madonna, Kenny Rogers and some Michael Jackson. So it's probably not surprising when I somehow connect their music with anything. However, for this one, I have to say that I connect the songs Lady (Lionel Richie's version not Kenny Rogers) and Cinderella (again by Lionel Richie) with Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

I think this one was around the time I read Damia as well... I think it was the summer of '05 this makes me feel old for some reason.... Anyway, next is the Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman, I connected Backstreet Boys' Never Gone album with this series (or at least the first three books).

This is another one I don't know where it came about, it's for James Patterson's Maximum Ride series. I'm telling you I really don't know how this happened. Again it's Backstreet Boys but for this one is for their album Unbreakable. I don't even remember reading anything from the series while listening to this album... but oh well.... What I also connect with the Maximum Ride series is Jordin Sparks first album. This one makes more sense than the first because I think I was listening to this album and reading the series for the first time at same time.

Next is for the series S.A. by Maki Minami. Now this is probably just more proof that I connect what I read with what I listen to... and what I play I guess. Because what I connect this series to... is a soundtrack... to a game. Yup. You saw that right. I connect it with The World Ends With You soundtrack. I was playing the game around the same time I read this series and what can I say? The game has an awesome soundtrack. Of course I would buy it and listen to it... obviously.

Okay I think this is the last one for me, it's for the Young Wizard series by Diane Duane, this one like Maximum Ride I connect two different albums (well not really two...) with it. The first would be anything Cascada, I had discovered them in 2009, so when the ninth book A Wizard of Mars came out, I had reread all of them while listening to Cascada... and Adele. A friend of mine had recently introduced me to Adele's 19 album and I couldn't get enough of it.

I did say that was it, however, I KNOW that there is an album I connect to Trudi Canavan's The Black Magician Trilogy, I keep thinking it's Kimberley Locke's Based on a True Story album... but I keep thinking I'm wrong... yet somehow it fits in my head.

Again another one... not really actually I think this one is for Maximum Ride again... It's Jesse McCartney's  Departure album. Now that I think about it, maybe I can just connect anything to Maximum Ride. I usually connect everything to the Young Wizards series. I just have MR on my brain I guess.....

O.o and I forgot one, see I knew I would remember more. This one is just one song however and it's 98 Degrees The Hardest Thing, which always makes me think of The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares. It just fits Lena and Kostos.

No comments:

Post a Comment