Search

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Liebster Award


Over the weekend I was awarded the Liebster Award from Thinks Books.

So what's the Liebster Award? I'm glad you asked. It's an award given to upcoming bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word endearment meaning sweetheart, darling, beloved, etc. (It's sweet huh?)

This award comes with some rules so here goes:
  1. You have to post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. You have to answer the 11 questions asked of you and ask 11 questions of the bloggers you will be awarding.
  3. You have to pass the award on to 11 other bloggers.
  4. Tell those you're awarding by leaving a comment on their blog.
  5. No tag backs.

I fail slightly, I follow a number of blogs, and I'm sure if I look through enough of them I would be able to find eleven that have less than 200 followers. However, many of the ones I frequent/stalk have over 200.  However, here's six (watch me realize I follow others that would work after I post this):

  1. Wholly Books
  2. Wildfire Writing
  3. Book Snobs
  4. Northern Plunder
  5. My Little Pocketbooks
  6. Little Miss Drama Queen

For those I've awarded there's no need to participate if you don't want to.

Eleven facts about me...
  1. The number 11 is actually one of my favorites.
  2. My favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother. 
  3. I'm a light gamer obsessed with Harvest Moon and Kingdom Hearts.
  4. The last two movies I saw was Brave and Madagascar 3. (Both were awesome! Go see them!) My mother and I did a double feature of sorts on Saturday.
  5. I believe that there's a book fairy thief in the house. I've always wanted cleaning fairies. Instead of someone who cleans, however, I have someone who steals books.
  6. English is technically my second language, though I am most fluent in it. 
  7. I'm a girly sort of tomboy.
  8. I often feel like my boring life, which feels like it's going nowhere, is a set up for some paranormal fantasy adventure.
  9. The first book I ever read on my own was The Giving Tree, however, it wasn't until I read Harry Potter that I began to enjoy reading.
  10. I'm Puerto Rican.
  11. I can't eat a proper meal at McDonald's, and I often get Happy Meals instead (and why  not? They sometimes have Hello Kitty toys and now they have POKEMON toys! I know I'm such a kid). 

The Eleven questions asked of me:

  1. What is your opinion of my blog content/design?
    • I like the design, and the font size is very readable.
  2. Who do you relate to most, Daphne or Velma? Why?
    • I think I little of both. I often feel smarter than most people (and is Velma not smarter than most people?), but I think I kind of have Daphne's attitude.
  3. How much time do you spend blogging vs. blog networking?
    • Hmm... I'm not really sure. 
  4. Mac or PC? Why?
    • I'm going to say PC. The schools I went to always had Macs and I always hated them.
  5. Einstein Vs. The Beatles: Who had the biggest impact on history?
    • I'm going to say Einstein, because believe it or not, I didn't know who the Beatles were until halfway through middle school and that was only because I had a teacher who was obsessed with them. I never understood it though.
  6. What is the best name you have ever given a pet?
    • I have never named a pet, my father has always gotten the honor of naming any animal that comes through our door.
  7. What do you consider your highest achievements in life?
    • I really can't say that I consider anything to be my highest achievement. I guess I need to go out and do some more things. 
  8. Care Bears or Ewoks? 
    • Care Bears
  9. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
    • Strawberry Shortcate, Rainbow Brite has always scared me for some reason.
  10. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
    • I've always been a fan of Pink and I've recently become a fan of Katy Perry. 
  11. What are your thoughts on the world ending on December 21st, 2012?
    • The end of the world has been predicted a million times, I doubt it's going to be in December just because some calender ends. The modern calender ends every year at the end of December too but I don't see anyone freaking out about that.


Eleven questions to ask (since I'm really bad at coming up with questions some of them will be ones inspired my random facts):

  1. What's your favorite number?
  2. What was the last movie you saw?
  3. What's your favorite Movie?
  4. Cats or dogs?
  5. Do you remember the first book you read on your own? What was it?
  6. Simba or Mufasa?
  7. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
  8. Favorite TV Show?
  9. Crossword/fill in puzzles or Word searches?
  10. What mythical/paranormal creature do you think is underrated?
  11. What do you think about McDonald's trying to be healthier for kids and cutting back on the fries and giving apples with the meal? (I honestly hate it. I want more fries!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and thank you so much for adding me to your list!! I'm a new follower of your cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're made of awesome! Thank you so much for adding me to your list! Im currently running an Author Spotlight/Giveaway but would be HONORED to pass this along to worthy bloggers as soon as it wraps up!

    --Tyra
    BookSnobs
    www.book-snobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete