Search

Friday, July 13, 2012

Grace: An Eternal Beloved Novel by R. Rodriguez (Review)

Description (from Goodreads):
"Grace Elizabeth Coventry has wanted to die since puberty. Since then, she carries out elaborate plans to end her life. She almost succeeds on her eighteenth birthday, but when an outside force emerges to carry out the deed, an inexplicable survival instinct awakens in her. It’s too late, though. Death has already noticed her. As she hangs on for dear life from the ledge of the Skyway Bridge in Chicago, about to give up to her fate, an unexpected stranger appears to save her, only to be challenged by the ultimate threat. In the end, only she has the power to save herself."


Okay, let's be honest here. I wasn't really sure what I was expecting going into it, I have mixed feelings about this book (I was expected more paranormal than it had). On one hand I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know what was going to happen. On the second hand, I hated Grace. It was like watching a soup opera or a novela, it had so much drama going on that I didn't care if I didn't like the main character, everything else kept me on the edge of my seat. Some of the other characters of course I adored, Grace's college roommate/best friend, for example I just loved. And, Lucian, oh my lord, Lucian. I don't have many book crushes, but yeah he's one of them now.

It was probably the ending that saved Grace for me. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting (I kept hoping that this was some sort of bad dream for Grace, that it wasn't real), however, what it was completely satisfying. For a while I wasn't sure why one would considering a paranormal romance. I kept thinking it's about a stupid girl who keeps making the wrong decisions in life. Of course the ending cleared all of it up for me. (Sort of, I'm still not a big fan of Grace.) Did I mention how amazing the ending is? Now I don't mean just the last page or two. I mean the last chapter is flipping great.

After finishing the book, I thought of giving it a 3 out of 5 stars. However, now that I gave myself a few days to take it all it, I think it's worth a 4. I would probably recommend this book more to people who are into contemporary as appose to paranormal romance. But honestly anyone who's into a ton of drama, and not always reading about happy relationships, but still like a somewhat happy ending, this is the book for you.
I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment