Search

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Update 5 and a Mini Challenge

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Well... yesterday was an okay day for me, I finished City of Flowers and read a little of Chastity, and even started Angel (about time right?), though I am only about a chapter in. Hopefully I'll finish Chastity today, and get well into Angel. Now for a mini challenge:

Music Mini Challenge is hosted by My Not So Real Life. For this challenge we're asked to choose a book we've read this year/a favorite/or one we've read during this read-a-thon and pick a song that matches that book.

Yay for challenges that are easy for Jessie. The reason this one is easy for me is because I just finished City of Flowers a favorite and one that I already connect with music. Also earlier in the year during a Top Ten Tuesday Freebie, I shared an album that I tend to think of as a soundtrack to the Stravaganza series (well the first three books in the series anyway). The album I connect with the Stravaganza series is Backstreet Boys' Never Gone. Back in 2005 when City of Flowers first came out I had a little Stravaganza marathon, and in the background played the Never Gone album. However, I think the titled song fits best (mostly with the first book but with the series on a whole I think).

  




The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
-From the Bout of Books 5.0 team


1 comment:

  1. The challenges have been really fun and creative this time around. Glad you're enjoying Bout-of-Books! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete