Search

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chastity: An Eternal Beloved Novel by R. Rodriguez (Review)

Description (from Goodreads):

"Chastity Ann Chadwick is a self proclaimed teenage femme fatale who lives in the small sailing town of Seaport Harbor. She’s a boy eater who uses pleasure to numb the pain of her unfortunate circumstances. Little does she know, she’s on a certain path to self destruction when one of her romantic escapades gets out of hand. Life as she knows it will never be the same. Her only solace comes from an unanticipated liaison with the new mysterious guy in school. Her hopes are shattered when she realizes her newfound life is not what it seems. She will only find redemption by searching for her own truth."


After finishing Grace (and it's ending which made me so happy). I was completely excited to get the chance to read Chastity. However, it took me sometime to get into it, finally I had to just sit down and force myself to read it. And boy, was I happy that I had done that.

I liked Chastity more than the book before it Grace. Though I wasn't a fan of the character, Chastity at first (much like I didn't care for Grace), I grew to like her. When she finally decided to do what was best for her, I couldn't help, but cheer her on. What Chastity went through seemed relatable to me. I have known so many people who didn't get the love they deserved from their parents, and just have been treated badly for things they had no control over. I have seen what people who are treated like that will do. Seeing Chastity grow beyond that was amazing.

I did have a two small problems. One, Chastity's love interest, Jared. Many of the characters aren't likable, granted they weren't supposed to be, but I suppose that was okay. Jared was a good guy, and Chastity deserved someone like that. I don't know why, but I didn't like him. (Maybe I just had high expectations after Lucien in Grace.) The second problem, which was probably my fault (again my expectations might have been a bit high). I was a tad bit disappointed with the ending, however, I still enjoyed the book, and it didn't kill anything for me. Of course by the end I was just so proud of Chastity and what she had done that the ending probably could have been worse and it still wouldn't have mattered to me.

Once I was sucked up into it and couldn't put it down, there was no question about the rating I would give it. I would give it a 4 out of 5. And as with Grace, I would highly recommend this book to people who are into both contemporary and/or paranormal romance. The book can also be read without reading Grace, as they aren't exactly connected.


I will also be having a giveaway for this book! So look out for that!

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment