Search

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (10)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is " Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished ".  At first I couldn't think of series I haven't finished yet. However, all it took was turning my head slightly to my to get rid of pile and the first thing I saw was a few series I haven't finished yet. And then of course, there's a challenged I had joined for 2012 that I haven't exactly done a very good job at so I can probably name ten series I haven't finished yet.


First is the Glass series by Maria V. Snyder. Let's be honest. I loved the Study series, I have every intention of rereading them someday, they're sitting on my shelf, where they belong. So when I started the Glass series I thought that I would love it too. Wrong. I was so very wrong. I hated Storm Glass. I hated Opal, and almost just about everyone else in the book, with the exception of Kade who I loved (and who is too good for Opal and I hope they never got together). I tried starting the second one, but couldn't get into it. I doubt that I'll bother finishing this series, I plan on getting rid of all three books the first chance I get.

The Samurai Girl series by Carrie Asai is one I started back in middle school. I first took out The Book of the Sword out of the library, and after taking it back it fell off the face of the planet. I kid you not. It wasn't until years later when ABC Family did that mini series that had almost nothing in common with the books, but the name (which granted was still pretty good), that I remembered the name of that series I had read. I then went off and ordered the first five books. Now, I have this small problem. I sometimes... find out endings to series, and I found out the ending to this one and I'm not too excited to getting to the end of this, which is why I'm hesitant to read the fifth book and buy the sixth. I'll probably get to it sooner or later, I just don't know when.

I didn't think that I would like Abarat by Clive Barker. However, a friend of mine had loved it so I thought I would give it a try and I was very happy that I did. I started the second one and I was really enjoying it, however, some real life stuff started and I couldn't get too into it. Now it's simply a matter of getting back to it. One day I'll read it. '

And here are just some others I haven't gotten around to because I haven't had the time:
  • Sisters of the Moon series by Yasmine Galenorn
  • Claidi Journals by Tanith Lee
  • Petaybee series by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
  • Magic in Manhattan series by Sarah Mlynowski
  • Age of Five series by Trudi Canavan

No comments:

Post a Comment