Search

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (3)


Wishlist Wednesday is a meme hosted by Pen to Paper.

When Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen first came out, it was a very big deal in my middle school. Everyone was reading it, everyone loved it, and I was so very much confused. It didn't sound like anything I would be interested in. Of course I had just been introduced to the world of Sci-fi and tended to stay far away from contemporary YA fiction. Until, until, my BROTHER decided to find out what the fuss was about. He didn't like it.

One weekend after finishing all my library books and needing something to read, I picked up my brother's library books. O.o What I read was NOT what I was expecting. For the most part I remember liking it, until some point near the end. Since then I had all but forgotten about the book, that is, until I saw the movie, I believe sometime at the beginning of the year. And I loved it! It was everything I could have possibly wanted in the movie version. So now I want that book!


Description (from Goodreads): Flipped is a romance told in two voices. The first time Juli Baker saw Bryce Loski, she flipped. The first time Bryce saw Juli, he ran. That’s pretty much the pattern for these two neighbors until the eighth grade, when, just as Juli is realizing Bryce isn’t as wonderful as she thought, Bryce is starting to see that Juli is pretty amazing. How these two teens manage to see beyond the surface of things and come together makes for a comic and poignant romance.


2 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    It sounds sweet and romantic! =) Would you know why there's a chick on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read this one too! Sounds sweet. Enjoy!

    Lisa @ www.bookshelffantasies.com

    ReplyDelete