Search

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is " Top Ten Books and Authors I'm Thankful For".  I know, I know, it's not Tuesday, it's Wednesday.


1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. No Surprises? I didn't think so. I'm not even going to elaborate.

2. Vampire Game by Judal - This was my first introduction to manga. I've never been big on vampires, and I'm thankful I found this series before the whole vampire craze started because then I might not have ever bothered with it. It remains one of my favorite manga series, and I reread if often.

3. Howl's Moving Castle and it's sequels by Diana Wynne Jones. I swear I read these books (or at least the first one) more than once a year. Whenever I'm stuck or just not really feeling like I'm in the mood to read, these books will change that.

Two books (or technically three books) in the past few months helped me while I was in a reading stump:

4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (this book has also been the high light of my reading year) and A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede (which actually consisted of two books however...)

5. Patricia C. Wrede would be number five. I adore all her MG/YA books. I remember the first time I had picked up one of her books... oh, ten or so years ago, I had been stuck then too and hadn't really been in the mood to read (but I HAD to then, I was at school).

6. Brandon Sanderson, why hadn't anyone told me that he was an amazing author? I can't believe I've had his books sitting on my shelves for years and never bothered to pick them up. Yeah you read that correctly. For YEARS.

7. Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi. I loved the anime growing up. I'm so happy that it's finally in print again and that I can finally get a change to read the manga.

8. Not a Top Tuesday goes by that I participate that I don't mention Trudi Canavan (and she should probably be higher on this list, the numbers really mean nothing). The Traitor Queen had made me so happy when it came out earlier this year. I also read The Magician's Apprentice for the first time this year (another one that's been sitting on my shelf for YEARS) and then again because I couldn't help it not too long ago. (I know, I know, I have hundreds of books on my shelf to get to, what am I doing rereading books I just read?)

9. Young Wizard series by Diane Duane. I never get bored with this series, and I always want to reread them after I've just finished doing just that.

10. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, I remember this being the first book I ever read on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment