Search

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Quick fix Challenge Sign up!


I find that many times when a reading challenge has to do with a book's size it usually about reading bigger books. Sometimes, because I'm in between books, life is getting out of hand, or things are just getting in the way, there's just not enough time to read a big book. Who says bigger is better anyway? Sometimes things break and all you need is a little tape and it'll hold. So this is the "Quick fix Challenge" whether it's a love for smaller books, or just trying to squeeze in a quick read, or maybe times running out and you need to read in some more books quickly. This is a challenge about reading books with less than 300 pages.

Challenge Details:
  • The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
  • Sign ups will be open until mid December.
  • You don't have to be a blogger to participate. However, leave a comment and tell me what level  you're aiming for.
  • For bloggers, post up a challenge sign up post saying what level you've signed up for. Be sure to sign-up with your sign-up post in the linky.
  • You don't have to review the books you read however if you do, you will be able to post your links to your reviews here.
  • Books have to have less than 300 pages to count.
  • Books such as MG/YA, graphic novels/manga, audio, rereads, can count toward your goal.
    • *Updated* Anthologies and short stories count as well. (I can't believe I forgot about these.)
  • Feel free to crossover the books you read for this challenge with other challenges.
(If you have any questions feel free to ask, I feel like I might be missing something here, but I could be wrong.)

Now the Levels/It will hold with:
String: 5 books
Paperclips: 10 books
Duck tape: 15 books
Gorilla glue: 20+ books

This is my first challenge so I'll see how this goes. I'll try and have a giveaway at the end of the year for all of those who have finished the challenge!



16 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessie!

    I have a question regarding short stories and novellas. If I read an entire book of ss/novellas and it is less than 300 pages, then I know it would count. However, if I'm only planing on reading one story (because it's part of a favorite series) in the book, would it count?

    Then there's novellas like "Magic Gifts", which was included in Guntmetal Magic -- an actual novel as opposed to an anthology. Would that count if I re-read the short story only?

    I know some novellas have been re-released as stand-alone e-books -- or they started out that way, since there's obviously a market for short, inexpensive, e-books. :) Am I right in thinking these would count?

    This is a great idea for a challenge. Good Luck@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christina,

      Feel free to count anthologies, or even just short stories! I hadn't thought of them, but the point is to read what you can when you can so they would definitely count. :)

      Delete
  2. I have joined at gorilla glue level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Jessie! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in w/duck tape level...wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to love this challenge! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorilla Glue!!!! I'm so excited to see a challenge for the smaller books. :-D http://alyshadeshae.com/2013/01/03/entry-quick-fix-challenge-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in, thanks for hosting! :)

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I joined at Duck tape level! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! When will you be putting up a post for us to link up our reviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I meant to get that up a few days ago! I've had to keep myself from the computer, however, I'll have it up sometime on Saturday.

      Delete
  10. I think it would be cool if you upped this to like 350 pages maybe 320 pages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished the challenge yesterday

    Here is my finish post
    http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/04/quick-fix-challenge-finish-line.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve completed the challenge!

    http://www.peekabook.it/2013/01/quick-fix-challenge-2013.html

    I would like to inform you that I'll host the second edition of the "Women Challenge".
    You can find all the information about it here:

    http://www.peekabook.it/2013/12/2014-women-challenge.html

    Hope to see you as a participant! ^_^

    Thanks again.

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete