Search

Friday, February 8, 2013

Let's Talk (1)


Let's Talk is a weekly meme originally hosted by Melissa from i swim for oceans. It is now being hosted by Smash from Smash Attack Reads and Kt from a Book Obsession.

This weeks topic is: "Procrastination: does it rule your life? Or are you more of the prepared/scheduled type?"

I plan to procrastinate. No seriously.  If I have a deadline for anything, if it's for the blog if I need to get a review done or I have a paper done for school, I say "Okay, I need it done by [date] I can get it done a week before it's due or a few days before it's due." And then I do whatever I want until then.

Depending on the circumstances I do work better under pressure. And I have noticed that with some of my professors as I noticed with some of my teachers back in high school, it doesn't matter how much time I spend on my assignments, if I'm going to pass I'm going to pass, if I'm going to do poorly I'm going to do poorly. So I'll save myself the time and not put too much effort into it and still get my decent/failing grade.

However, I hate being late for things. So I try to get dressed early, and I hate people who are always late. Of course, that doesn't stop me from showing up to work late, then again I'm not especially fond of my job. But I'm a planner when it comes to leaving the house. I'm a homebody and I don't like spontaneous outings. If I plan on staying in all day I'm annoyed when I have leave. The only exception is when I've been needing something and I find a ride (I don't drive). When I plan to go out I always plan everything an hour ahead of time so that people will show up on time. When people show up late, I change my plans from going out to staying home, yes, I'm that person.

So mostly I'm a procrastinator who plans to procrastinate. Just not when I leave my house. Time moves too quickly when I'm out of the house to procrastinate.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on time for everything too and I'm also a homebody. Nothing freaks me out more than having to do something last minute but otherwise I don't plan much. I don't work well under pressure but I do get everything done on time using my own internal clock lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be more fly by the seat of my pants but I'm pretty OCD about getting stuff done. :) I make lists. I am a master list maker!

    ReplyDelete