Search

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (14)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is "Top Ten Series I'd Like to Start But Haven't Yet". There are just so many I've been wanting to get to I'm not sure I not sure I can pick a top ten, but here are ten series I want to get to (in no real order):

1) The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. There are a few series that I have more to say than I want to read this series. However, it my understanding that this series is the prequel to the The Mortal Instruments series. To be completely frank when the The Mortal Instruments series first began coming out they didn't interest me in the least. This series, The infernal Devices series, however, does interest me. Though after realizing this series was a prequel I bought the first of the other series, I wonder if I can read one without the other?

   


2) The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

   


3) Pellinor by Allison Croggon. The first three book in this series have been sitting patiently on my shelf for YEARS. I plan on getting to them HOPEFULLY this year.

   


4) Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. What can I say? After being harassed by brother and father to see the movies I finally caved in and I loved them. I think there are currently seven books in the series.

      


5) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

    


6) Five Hundred Kingdoms by Mercedes Lackey. This is another series, that I have most of the books sitting patiently on my shelves. I'll get to them sooner or later hopefully sooner.

     


7) Healer by Maria V. Snyder. I LOVED the Study series, but couldn't finish the Glass series. So I'm hoping this is something I'll love and not something I end up feeling like I wasted my money on again.

 


8) Delirium by Lauren Oliver


  


9) Angel Creek by Ada Adams. Can I just say how lovely the covers look? (Not that that's a reason why I want to read them.)

 


10) Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout

   

8 comments:

  1. You can definitely read The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices separately! TID isn't so much a prequel as a related story, set in the same world with the same kinds of characters, many of whom are related in some way to the characters of TMI. Personally, I prefer The Infernal Devices! But that's not a majority view at all :)

    My TTT is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game of Thrones!! I should have put that on my list. I'm dying to get to those books. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read Iron Fey!! Great list, good luck on reading all of these:) Thanks for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and interview with Clare, where she says that you can read The Mortal Instruments and The Internal Devices separately. I'm hoping to read both series this year... We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Iron Fey series. Julie Kagawa is simply amazing. Delirium is also excellent, though I haven't read the last book yet. Great list!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Iron Fey books are totally on my list too. So many books, so little time!

    My Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#2)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to read Delirium for awhile but I saaw a lot of people said bad things about the last one so I'm so sure if the series is worth starting. I've also wanted to read the iron fey series and covenant series! NEW FOLLOWER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started with the Mortal Instruments, I had no idea that they had an order, although it sounds like some comments that they don't really, whew. I should have added more CC to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I loooove the Infernal Devices, and you can easily read them without The Mortal Instruments! I actually started with Clockwork Angel and only then decided to read City of Bones - like you, I was more attracted by the Victorian setting :) The Iron Fey books are great too, and the Covenant series is also on my TBR!
    Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete