Search

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (15)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is "Top Ten Books I recommend the most". In no real order:


  • Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. Actually at this point. I recommend anything by this author.

 


  • So You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane Duane. I actually like all the other books in the series more than I like this one. However, this is the first one, so the one I would recommend first.



  • City of Masks by Mary Hoffman. I just tell people to read it.



  • Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. A long time favorite and it's the first book I'm likely to recommend to someone.



  • Beastly by Alex Flinn. This is a really cute fun read, it's just something I recommend when talking about retold fairy tales.



  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. This is another one I just tell people to read.



  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This books is just amazing, I can't help but recommend this book.


  • Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I'm not really sure why I recommend this book. Probably because I hate when people (especially readers) talk about how great the musical is, but they never read the book. Readers are so bad at complaining about how bad a movie is when it's based off a book, even if it's a decent movie (because it wasn't anything like the book *oh no!*). Yet, this musical no matter how AMAZING it is, actually destroyed this book. However... Gregory Maguire's writing style is a bit mature and different I guess, so I tend to be a bit cautious when recommending it. (That's my little rant for today.)



  • Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori, for those manga lovers. Because it's hilarious and really cute.


  • Enclave by Ann Aguirre. I might have just finished this book a month ago, however, that hasn't stopped my from recommending this book to everyone I've bumped into.





3 comments:

  1. Nice list! I love Beastly & Howl's. I haven't read any of the other books, but I do have several of them on my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have a manga in your list. I really liked Enclave, but the 2nd one wasn't as good.

    ReplyDelete