Search

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Reviews~!

Okay, so I've been trying to think of different things to talk about here at Jessie's Book Place. Some bookish, maybe some personal.

I finished writing my reviews yesterday for the month! Which might not seem strange, but I actually save all my reviews for the end of the month if anyone noticed. I didn't notice this until about halfway through April, when I had finished some book and thought "eh, I'll write at the end of the month, I've been doing it that way all year anyway." Yeah, that's when I noticed.

I wrote about five reviews yesterday, I don't know why I save them up for the end of the month. I know most people will put up a review one or twice a week. Nope, not Jessie here. They all go up at the end of the month. Part of the reason I think is that I like to give myself some time to take in what I read. Sometimes I read a book and think I liked it/didn't like it, but the farther away from it I get, I find faults with it, or I start to remember the book more fondly.

I don't know though, would it make a difference if I wrote my reviews weekly than at the end of the month?

On another note, I'm finding that I'm not any good with Netgalley. One book I did mean to read and review this month was Poison, which I started last week sometime. I found that I really couldn't get into it, though I'm hoping to powerhouse through it today (who knows maybe I'm not finished with my reviews this month). I received the book just a few weeks before it came out and didn't have time to read it (let's be honest I didn't even think I would be approved for it). So I've decided I'll just leave Netgalley alone and I don't really care about ARC's unless I win them in giveaways.


1 comment:

  1. I don't see a problem with you waiting till the end of the month to suddenly post all your reviews.
    That's alot like how I am as well. I'll write my reviews up on Goodreads right after I read them or in a day or 2 after finishing. But, I usually don't post reviews to my blog (http://confessionsofafemalebooksaholic.tumblr.com) but like every 2 weeks or so. I think that, if people follow you, they get used to how you do your postings.

    As for NetGalley, I mostly use it for getting ARCs of graphic novels and children's books. I tried for some YA books and a couple romances, but got turned down. Seems, they have me pinned as a niche for GNs and children's books, which I can deal with, since I don't use NG as much these days.

    ReplyDelete