Search

Friday, May 17, 2013

Let's Talk (3)


Let's Talk is a weekly meme originally hosted by Melissa from i swim for oceans. It is now being hosted by Smash from Smash Attack Reads and Kt from a Book Obsession. It's a meme that I randomly participate in when I have something to say/when I remember.

This weeks topic is: "Have you ever been inspired to do something creative by reading about it in a book? Examples cooking, baking, trying a new food or drink, making jewelry, designing clothes or shoes and even bookish inspired vacations."

I have been. And not just books have inspired me either. I went to Florida about two years ago, and it was the first time I had gone to Universal's Island of Adventures since the first time I had gone when I was eight or something. My main reason for talking my parents into buying tickets for the park was for the Harry Potter section that they had just put in. It was amazing. However, there we went into the "Three Broomsticks" (because we weren't going to stand in a line outside for one of the drink stands and I mean come on the Three Broomsticks!) and tried Butterbeer. We all came back from Florida craving Butterbeer. We tried looking up recipes online, and found a few that almost came close the one at the amusement part.

I've also made jewelry that was inspired by The Night Circus. I had discovered the site Etsy last spring, and whenever I read a book or played a game or something, I would go to the site and see if anyone had made something relating to it. And, of course, after finishing The Night Circus I went on the site and found a number of jewelry pieces. However, I thought "hey these are things I could make myself." I have a few black and white Pandora bracelets that were inspired by The Night Circus.

Last, for those of you who don't know, I'm a casual gamer. I am completely in love with the Kingdom Hearts series. One of my favorite games from the series is the game for the DS "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days". In this game almost every time you complete mission the characters will sit down at their spot and eat sea-salt ice-cream. One day I was just curious, I wanted to know if this was real ice-cream they were eating. I'm still not sure if sea-salt ice-cream is a thing, and if it is where I can find it. I did however, find a few recipes to make my own. They aren't bad, in fact I plan on making more over the summer, and make them look more like ice pops like they look in the game.

1 comment:

  1. If you maintain distributing effectively prepared articles or blog posts just like this then I will often keep returning back again to your weblog. Really excellent content.
    sell my gold in Houston
    sell jewelry Houston

    ReplyDelete