Search

Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Description (from Goodreads): "When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped. And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monster that Artemis was hunting when she disappeared—a monster rumored to be so powerful it could destroy Olympus forever."


Okay, because of the strange way I do things (saving my reviews till the end of the month), I know from book one to four that The Titan's Curse is my currently my favorite of the Percy Jackson series. 

In this book we are introduced to a handful of characters. On the god front we met Artemis and Apollo, and Aphrodite. Artemis is eh and Apollo is just too much, every time he said something I couldn't help but laugh. The siblings I especially like the small amount of time we got to see them together. We are also introduced to Artemis's hunters, among them Zoe we get to know more about as the book goes one. There is also sibling half-bloods Nico and Bianca, I really liked Bianca (minus one choice she makes at the beginning, but I realize why it was important for her to do that). We meet a powerful Titan. And, of course, we get to know, Thalia. (I know I talk about the characters a lot.)   

This quest is a bit different as the group is bigger. And, Annabeth isn't a part of the group, in fact she was kidnapped, and is Percy's main reason for wanting to go on the quest. I realized that while Annabeth was gone that I didn't miss her at all. And, couldn't care either way about her character. Who knew?

I was a bit disappointed at Thalia's decision at the end. Granted I can't exactly say I was her biggest fan, however, I can't say I didn't like her. I was hopping we would see more of her in future book, but the way things left off, I felt as if we wouldn't be seeing her. It felt wrong somehow. The part she played in the past just felt so big, she gave up so much, I thought that she would play at least some kind of role in the future, I guess I'll just have to see. I also wished I would be seeing more of Bianca.

I felt really stupid once I realized who Bianca's and Nico's god parent was. I pieced the parts together I thing sometime before the end and I'm actually pretty glad I didn't see that coming. After figuring out the second book before it happened and knowing a good part of the first it was nice to be surprised.

As it was my favorite and I think I read this one in about a sitting or two I give it a 5 out of 5.



This is a book from my own personally library.

No comments:

Post a Comment