This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is "Top Ten Beach Reads (however YOU define a beach read!)". Okay, well first off, I don't read at the beach, it's too sunny, and sand is everywhere. The ocean is pretty to look at, but I don't want to go near it. And I couldn't come up with ten. So I say this is more like "Top
1) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. Can anyone really say they're surprised?
2) The Young Wizards series by Diane Duane. Many of these books not only take place during spring/summer break, but I read them during that time so whenever I read them any other time of year it always feels weird.
3) The Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman. Okay so like the young wizard series, this series often takes place during some kind of break (spring or summer) and I just happen to read these books around then.
4) The Time Travelers Quartet by Caroline B. Cooney. Now only I usually skip the third one unless I'm in the mood for it, but that's not really the point. Anyway, Caroline B. Cooney was one of my favorite authors when I was in middle school, and this series was one of my favorites.
5) The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I have to be honest I can't extinguish the second book from the third, and sometimes I get facts mixed up between the Maximum Rides series and 6) When the Wind Blows and it's sequel. The reason being I read the first three books and When the Wind Blows back to back rather in just a few sittings one summer. When I think of summer reads these are the books I think of.