Search

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (19)


This weekly meme is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is "Top Ten Beach Reads (however YOU define a beach read!)". Okay, well first off, I don't read at the beach, it's too sunny, and sand is everywhere. The ocean is pretty to look at, but I don't want to go near it. And I couldn't come up with ten. So I say this is more like "Top Ten Seven Sitting on the Deck and Enjoying the View Reads". Yeah! I just started doing that at the end of May too, it was BEAUTIFUL out there (now it's kind of rainy) . It's not as hot as it should be, I think because straight down the connecting street (I don't know how to word it and it's a long street but still) is the water. In no real order:

1) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. Can anyone really say they're surprised?


2) The Young Wizards series by Diane Duane. Many of these books not only take place during spring/summer break, but I read them during that time so whenever I read them any other time of year it always feels weird.

 

3) The Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman. Okay so like the young wizard series, this series often takes place during some kind of break (spring or summer) and I just happen to read these books around then.

 

4) The Time Travelers Quartet by Caroline B. Cooney. Now only I usually skip the third one unless I'm in the mood for it, but that's not really the point. Anyway, Caroline B. Cooney was one of my favorite authors when I was in middle school, and this series was one of my favorites.


5) The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I have to be honest I can't extinguish the second book from the third, and sometimes I get facts mixed up between the Maximum Rides series and 6) When the Wind Blows and it's sequel. The reason being I read the first three books and When the Wind Blows back to back rather in just a few sittings one summer. When I think of summer reads these are the books I think of.

 

7) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Well, these are less like out in the deck books, and more like it's super hot outside, I'm going to go inside where there's air condition and then I'm going to bed, kind of books. However, The Order of the Phoenix is one of the few books I ever read at a beach. It came out just before my families trip Puerto Rico. Yeah, it wasn't a fun trip, we decided if we ever go again we'll spend less time visiting family and more time acting like tourist.


4 comments:

  1. These are all new to me - except for HP - which is great since I plan on being at the beach a lot this summer.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I really enjoyed the Maximum Ride series :)

    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I love Harry Potter and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to starting Patterson, his books look awesome. Great list! HP is a must! :)

    ReplyDelete