Search

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back on the Shelf: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I am not by any means putting this in my Did Not Finish pile to send to the used book store. I am simply putting this book back on the self, for later.


Description: "When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder commited by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons--and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...."


My thoughts so far?

Well, I was warned ahead of time by the author's "writing style". And, I thought, well all authors have different writing style, I'll read the book and get used to it. But I didn't! I'm so frustrated right now. I keep seeing previews for the move on TV and I think that looks interesting, but first I'll need to read the book. I've gotten a little past 100 pages and I'm still struggling.

And I can't really say that I like Clary, she's kind of a moron isn't she? So far, the only character I really liked was Simon, but we haven't seen him in, I don't know, the past 50 pages. When does he come back? Well, I did think that Isabelle and Alec seemed okay.

So far the story seems more interesting than I thought, however, I just can't make myself do it. I'll try again, when I have time to try to make myself read it, maybe it gets better.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm reading this book too.

    And now I'm still in the half book, can't wait to finish this book. Because I still hope that Jace and Clary not have blood relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that that isn't resolved until later books. However, so far I suspect that they aren't.

      Delete