Search

Monday, March 10, 2014

Blog Tour: Shattered Veil by Tracy E. Banghart



Shattered Veil



Shattered Veil (The Diatous Wars #1) by Tracy E. Banghart
Publication date: February 28th 2014
Genres: New Adult, Science Fiction

Synopsis:
For Aris, a talented wingjet pilot, war means sacrificing everything: her home, her name, her face—and the one promise she swore she’d never break.

In the small village of Lux, everyone flies wingjets, but nobody flies them like Aris Haan. When she’s not dancing through the skies, she’s spending every minute with Calix, whom she’s loved since childhood. They plan to Promise, but instead he is sent to defend their dominion against a bloody invasion. Determined not to lose him, Aris follows, joining an underground network of women inside the male-only military. Using secret technology that allows her to pass as a man, she becomes “Aristos”, a Flyer in a search-and-rescue unit.

As Aris grows stronger on the battlefield and more comfortable in her guise as Aristos, her personal mission becomes less and less clear. When she and her enigmatic commander, Major Vidar, uncover an astonishing conspiracy that could destroy everything, she must make a choice that will determine not only the fate of her heart, but the future of her dominion.


Purchase:


My Review


I can't really say, what I was expecting of Shattered Veil. It sounded interesting so I thought I would give it a try, and I'm really glad that I did. Most of the book is written from Aris's point of view, however, there are a few alternating chapters given from either Pyralis Nekkos or Galena Vadim's point of view, both who are Wards of their dominion and I think it adds a nice touch to everything.

Overall I did like the characters. I feel like I've ranted about this before, but so I'll try to keep it to a minimum here. I feel like the media is currently trying too hard to make women feel good about themselves. Whether it's about accepting our weight or not needing a man. So I really like that Aris has no problem going after her man. I mean, yes, there's growth on Aris's part, that's to be expected, and I was happy to see that too.

I couldn't put my kindle down once I got into it, which was like a chapter or two in. Seriously, I think I finished this in about three sittings.

4/5


About Tracy E. Banghart


Tracy E. Banghart is a cheesy movie–loving, fantasy football–playing (go Ravens!), globe-trotting Army wife who began “practicing” her craft at the age of five, when she wrote her first story. She loves visiting the international friends she met while pursuing her MA in Publishing and spends a portion of every summer at her family’s cabin in Canada, where she finds inspiration and lots of time to relax on the dock. She lives with her husband, son, two lazy dogs and one ornery cat. When not writing or spending time with her family, she is on a mission to bake the perfect cupcake.

Author Links:


Giveaway


Tour Wide Giveaway:
1 - $50 Amazon gift card (International)
3 - "Swag Packs" (US/CAN)



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I do like the sounds of Aris she's kind of a refreshing protagonist I agree! Glad you liked it, Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being part of the tour! I'm so glad you enjoyed Shattered Veil! :-)

    ReplyDelete