Search

Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA 2014 Introduction



Yay! I'm so excited to say that this year I'm participating in the 2014 Armchair BEA! Of course, I'll be working for the next two days. But I'm still super excited! This is my first year participating. The past two years I was a bit hesitated to join, but I figured if I didn't just sign up and do it, I never will, so here I am!

My Introduction: 

Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
    I'm Jessie, I've been blogging... I don't know, three and a half years. (More, possibly, but Jessie's Book Place has been running that long so I'll go with that.) I'm not really sure why I started to be honest, or how I even discovered book blogging. 

Where in the world are you blogging from? Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online. 
    I'm from Southern New England. Ugh... I'm really bad a describing things, but you can find my Twitter here and my GoodReads here. My Facebook is for personal family use and I have a Pinterest and maybe an Instagram, but I don't understand how to use them or what they are for.

What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .  
    Fantasy, for the obvious reasons.Yes, I know I'm no fun.

What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year? 

What is your favorite blogging resource? 
    When I remember Google Calender!

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?
 

So who else is participating in Armchair BEA this year?

12 comments:

  1. I really think I am the only one left who has never read anything by Rainbow Rowell. I think I better work on that, before the book blogging lynch mob finds me!

    Lisa @Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl was my first Rainbo Rowell book. Though I've noticed myself recently that she does seem to be a popular author. I do recommend Fangirl at any rate!

      Delete
  2. I just started my Instagram last week for the Armchair BEA Challenge. I'm still learning how it works as well. I use Pinterest for my novels so my readers can dig deeper into my character's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instagram; just post pictures from things that make you happy, from the books you are reading, the books you recently bought. There is no limit to what you post :D There are even people who post already exist pictures they get from websites as Pinterest.

    Fantasy is also one of my favorite genres!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy - Introduction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Howl's Moving Castle (the film) but never realised it was by Diana Wynn Jones. I actually own a few of her books but still haven't got round to reading them. I really must remedy that!
    Suzy Turner, Fiction Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howl's Moving Castle -- good choice! I would never get tired of it either.

    Emerald City Book Review 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, have fun at ABEA! I'm not into Pinterest and instagram and all that, either. I hope they're just a passing thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I secretly (or not so secretly now) hope that they're a passing thing as well.

      Delete
  7. It has been ages since I read Howl's Moving Castle! Looking forward to reading more and more of Brandon Sanderson...including his middle grade series. He is coming to Calgary this summer. Happy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, admittance: I HAVE NOT READ HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE. I know I know I know. I WILL EVENTUALLY1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fangirl was one of my favorites, too. Levi was just so dreamy. Squeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved Enclave too, but have to move onto Outpost. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete