Search

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Armchair BEA (Day 2: More than just words)




I know, I know, it's technically day 3. Well, I worked all day so it's still day 2 until I go to sleep!

There are so many mediums that feature more than just words and enhance a story in a multitude of ways. Examples may include graphic novels and comics, audiobooks, or even multimedia novels. On this day, we will be talking about those books and formats that move beyond just the words and use other ways to experience a story. Which books stand out to you in these different formats?
I'm not really sure how I want to say whatever I want to say. I know for some people, things like graphic novels or audiobooks "don't count". Personally, I had a bit of that mentality myself. I wouldn't add the number of graphic novels I had read to my yearly goals. Finally, I realized that was silly, and that if I said reading a graphic novel counted as reading, then it should count toward my yearly goals. I think comic books are the only kind of books my brother will go near, honestly I think as long as he's reading it counts.

I was first introduced to graphic novels/manga when I was about fourteen/fifteen, my first was Vampire Game. It remains to be a favorite of mine.



And there is an all time favorite of mine Ouran High School Host Club.



No comments:

Post a Comment