Search

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Jessie's Non-book Obsessions (2)

Alright, so I have decided that this month, I would share some of my non-book obsessions.

Okay so this is going up a little (a lot) later than I had intended for it to go up. Though in my defense, I decided to change what I was going to share. I'll share what I originally wanted to share next week. So what's one of my non-book obsessions? That's not Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse?


That's right, The Americans. Now, unlike the Barbie web series. This is not kid friendly. In fact, this really surprised me the first time I had seen it. I knew it was an adult show, just I didn't know how mature it was. This show is rated TV MA LSV for a reason. If you don't know what the show is about, it's about a married Russian KGB couple pretending to be Americans during the 80's. There's just so much I'm not sure I can explain it, without giving too much away, or not giving enough of it away. As long as the sexual content doesn't bother you/you can get past it, I think it's worth a look.

I know that when I started the first season last spring it took me an episode or two to really get into it. I know people who were hooked right away. The second season started amazingly. I like to record everything on my DVR and wait a few weeks so I can see a few episodes at a time, so I'm still a bit behind, but I can't wait to see what happens next. And, I'm so glad to know that there will be a season three.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've heard of this and was intrigued but have yet to watch an episode! It sounds fascinating though! I will definitely have to check it out. :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete