Search

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's been a really long time!

Five months, actually. I've been really bad. But I think, at this point, sadly, it's time to put an end to Jessie's Book Place. June was a terrible month for me, though I had so many plans for the middle of the summer. I lost someone very important to me, and though those around me tell me to get on with it, it's incredibly hard. I actually haven't picked up a book properly since the end of June, though I have been slowly trying to get myself back into reading. 

I promise that I will wrap up the Quick Fix Challenge for those who are currently participating. Unfortunately the giveaway I had been planing for it will have to be cut a bit short and I'll simply do one for those participating in the challenge.

It would have been Jessie's Book Place 4th Blogoversary this December but I find personal reasons keep me from being interested. Though I miss book blogging, and had tried much harder these past two years to do my best this year I went on two unofficial hiatus (this one lasting FIVE MONTHS). I'll be keeping a tumblr (Jessie's Random Place) as something much more casual and not just for book blogging. So feel free to visit me there! 

5 comments:

  1. Sad! We'll miss you! Don't worry about getting over your grief. Take all the time you need to mourn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to see that you have stopped blogging, but I do understand! Thanks for stopping my blog this week :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. Let yourself heal on your own time; not what other people may think is "appropriate." Just remember to fill your life with good friends and family that will support you. I'll be sure to check out your tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. It is important you take the time you need to heal.

    I have enjoyed taking part in your challenge these last two years, Thank you very most for hosting it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2014/12/my-year-in-reading-challenges-2014.html

    Here is my wrap up for Quick Fix 2014. I am sad to see this challenge go and I decided to let my own challenge go for next year also. I hope 2015 brings you a good year.

    ReplyDelete